Friday, June 13, 2008

A Fairy Dress for a Good Cause

On June 4th, my good friends lost their 15-year-old daughter, Eleigh, in a terrible car accident. It is so hard to watch someone you care about go through the pain of losing their daughter. You feel so helpless and want so much to take away any of their pain.

I've decided that one way I can help is to relieve some of their financial stress by making a dress and donating all of the sales to them. I've listed a dress on Ebay today and the auction will run for ten days beginning today. I've started the auction at just $20 and I'm hoping it will skyrocket.

If you've ever wanted to buy a dress from me, now is the time as I plan on this being the most beautiful dress I've ever made. I plan to put my whole heart into its creation to help honor Eleigh and her short life. The dress will be custom made to the winning bidder based on any of my current designs or a design of the winner's choice.

The auction is at http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Designed-Dress-Fairy-Faerie-Costume_W0QQitemZ270246373702QQihZ017QQcategoryZ63861QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

I'll also be listing a dress in my Etsy shop at http://deconstructress.etsy.com. Several Etsy shops have agreed to donate some of their own items to sell for Eleigh as well.

Even though money is the last thing in the world to give meaning, in this case it will help to take one more worry for a family who is struggling through the greatest pain any of us could ever know.